Pensacola Children's Museum - Information and Calendar
The Pensacola Children's Museum
The Pensacola Children's Museum is located in the Arbona Building at 115 East Zaragoza Street.
Admission for Historic Pensacola complex: $6.00/adults;
$5.00/AAA, Active Military, Senior 65+; $3/children 3-15
Open Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m until 4:00 p.m. Tickets are good for one week. Ticket includes admission to: Pensacola Children's Museum, T. T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum, and Historic Pensacola Village.
Pensacola Children's Museum at a Glance for more information.
Come play in Pensacola's 450 years of history at the Pensacola Children's Museum, a historical museum geared for kids.
Two floors of hands-on learning fun. Phase 1 is complete on the first floor. Visit the Panton Trading Post, the Lavalle Cottage, the Fort, the Native American Village, the Kiddie Corral, or sail away on the Galveston. Geared for up to 9 years old.
The second floor houses artifacts of Pensacola history geared for older children and adults, but also offers a train set, building blocks, a reading nook where parents can read to their children,and dress up clothes for the younger ages as well. The Pensacola Children's Museum was designed to have interactive, imaginative, and educational play for all ages in the setting of a historical museum. Visitors can visit Pensacola's Maritime and Lumber Industries, explore our Military History, experience Native American ways, and learn about the Multicultural History of Pensacola.
Pensacola Children's Museum Discovery Gallery Closures:
The Pensacola Children's Museum's “Discovery Gallery” will be closed to the public during educational tours and birthday parties. All other interactive galleries, located on the second floor, will remain open to the public. For more information or to schedule a tour or birthday party, contact Jim McMillen, Educational and Private Tour Coordinator at 850.595.5985 ext. 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discovery Gallery closed dates and times:
- July 4 closed all day
- July 9 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 11 from 11:30 until 4:00
- July 14 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 15 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 18 from 10:00 until 1:00
- July 21 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 23 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 29 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 30 from 10:00 until 12:00
- July 31 from 10:00 until 12:00
(Please note that the second floor galleries are still open to the public)
Fun with the Arts!
A free family art program for ages 4 and older. Please arrive early because space is limited to the first 20. Excludes: schools, summer camps, daycares, and community groups.
- July 8 at 11:00 and 2:00
- July 22 at 11:00 and 2:00
Hall of Celebrities Schedule
The Hall of Celebrities programs are free in Party Central in the Pensacola Children's Museum. Shows are at 11:00 and 2:00 on dates listed.
- July 25 Green Bean the Dinosuar with Rex and Regina, the King and Queen
- August 8 Seashell the Beachcomber
- September 19 Johnny Appleseed
- October 10 Pirate Pitch Pipe and Brown Boot Salty Dog
- November 21 Waddle the Turkey and Cousin Wabble
- December 12 The Grinch with Santa and Frosty the Snowman
- January 16 Treble the Tiger and Frosty the Snowman
- February 20 Cat in the Hat
- March 12 Blarney McNote the Leprechaun
- April 16 The Big Bad Wolf
- May 21 Green Bean the Dinosaur with Rex and Regina
- June 4 Climie and Coconut the Clowns
- June 18 Montana the Cowboy with his horses Rocky and Old Paint
Grandma Jenkins Story Tyme
Grandma Jenkins will be sharing these favorites for Story Tyme. Story Tyme is a free program at 11:00 a.m. on these select days:
- Jul 10 at 11:00 Sleeping Beauty
- Jul 24 at 11:00 The Bad Mood Bear
- September 11 Alfie's Feet
- September 25 But No Elephants
- October 9 Spooky Bunny Tales
- October 23 Hansel and Gretel
- November 6 Alfie Gives a Hand
- November 20 A Turkey for Thanksgiving
- December 4 The Three Bears
- December 18 Max and the Disappearing Bag
Magic Behind the Switch
Join us for a free science program in Party Central. Excludes: schools, summer camps, daycares, and community groups. Programs are at 11 and 2 on select days:
- July 28 at 11:00 and 2:00
That Did What?
Join us this summer for our new free public program: “That Did What??” This free program will allow children to see and do various, kid friendly, kid cool, and kid approved science experiments. This program is designed for ages 5 and up, but younger children are welcomed with parental assistance. One experiment per program date and seating is limited to 25 kids per session (11:00 am & 2:00 pm).
- July 17 at 11:00 and 2:00
See our July 2015 Calendar of Events
Pensacola Children's Museum
Promote Your Page Too